Monday, April 26, 2010

Keys

One of my friends lost her keys this weekend, with the help of her daughter. And it made me think about my keys. If I lost them what else would I lose? I only have 5 keys on my key ring, and I have duplicates for all of them, so that wouldn't be too big of a deal.
I do have 3 other things on my ring though. One is my caribeaner (sp). When I first got keys when I turned 16 I lost them 3 times the first week I had them. Then my Dad gave me a caribeaner to hook them onto my pants or purse. I've only lost them 2 or 3 times since then. I have used at least 3 different caribeaners till they broke, but I still love having one.
The other two things on my keychain are awards I received as a teenager. One is The Liahona which is an award you can earn at Girls camp. It's a metal circle about an inch and a half diameter that says "The Liahona 1996" on one side and "Carrie Ann Hugo Campfire" on the other.
The third thing is an award I got at a Boy Scout Court of Honor. I went to many courts of honor growing up, and didn't enjoy them. One night my parents were going to one and made all of us go. None of us wanted to. At one point my siblings and I were called up and given an award for "putting up with scouting". I thought it was really cool. The award has the fleur de lie on one side and says "Scouter's Daughter Carrie Ann Hugo" on the other.
What do you have on your key ring?

5 comments:

Jordan said...

I had a silver key fob that connected it to another keychain so it could be easily disconnected. I also had a brown leather sandal that said "Kenya" on the bottom. It was a gift from a nun I met in Italy. She was from Kenya. She gave it to me just before I went home and said, "When we go places in Kenya we walk and life is a journey." I'm gonna miss that sandal...

Leigh's in Juneau AK said...

A flashlight, which has come in handy numerous time in dark Alaska nights and numerous power outages and a carabiner.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I actually had to look -- I have my work keys, my car keys, myy house key, and my church key. I also have a small knife and a vial of consecrated oil. -- Drew

Pamela said...

I need to get a caribeaner for my keys, thanks for the idea! I learned with my first child never let them play with keys or they get lost. But I should have known that. :)

Chet and Liz Hugo said...

I should receive a "putting up with Scouting" award. Seriously.
Liz