Today I accomplished something I've wanted to do for years. I've wanted to do it, but it seemed too daunting. At our ward Super Saturday I finally got inspired to start. And tonight I finished it. A leprosy bandage. All by myself.
Dad- I'm working on another one, I'm knitting this one so it is going much faster, I have about a foot done. JoJO- It's similar to an Ace bandage that you would wrap around a sprained ankle or wrist. You make one by crocheting or knitting really small crochet thread into a rectangle about 3 inches across and 4 feet long. The LDS Church Humanitarian Aid program sends them all over the world, and many go to people who have leprosy who use them to wrap their sores. Homemade ones are preferred to factory made ones because they are more breathable, and there is something emotionally healing for people who have leprosy, which many people are scared of, to receive something they know a person worked on for many hours. Maybe your mom could help you make one.
5 comments:
Good for you. Mom
Great. Do you expect more now? DAD
good job!!
What is a leprosy bandage???
-JoJo
Dad- I'm working on another one, I'm knitting this one so it is going much faster, I have about a foot done.
JoJO- It's similar to an Ace bandage that you would wrap around a sprained ankle or wrist. You make one by crocheting or knitting really small crochet thread into a rectangle about 3 inches across and 4 feet long.
The LDS Church Humanitarian Aid program sends them all over the world, and many go to people who have leprosy who use them to wrap their sores. Homemade ones are preferred to factory made ones because they are more breathable, and there is something emotionally healing for people who have leprosy, which many people are scared of, to receive something they know a person worked on for many hours.
Maybe your mom could help you make one.
Post a Comment