Friday, December 17, 2010

31 Years

Today is my 31st birthday. 2 years ago I wrote a list of things I had accomplished up to that point in my life. I updated it today. The new things, and updated things have a *.
These are some of the things I have done:
-Graduated with Honors from Provo High School
-Graduated from Ricks College with an Associates degree in Fashion Design and Production, with an emphasis in construction.
-Graduated from Utah Valley University with a Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Social Work with Honors.*
-Shared the gospel with many people, including 15 who chose to be baptized.
-Taught in the nursery for more than 4 years
-Been the Secretary in my Ward Relief Society* for 20 months
-Visited or participated in the dedication of at least 23 temples
-Done endowments for 63 women*
-Visited at least 29 states
-Visited or lived in 10 countries
-Maintained 31 years of being sober and drug free*
-Become a member of Golden Key International Honor Society
-Graduated from UVSC with an Associate of Arts in Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Social Work, and Honors.
-Supported my husband through an Associates and a Bachelors degree.
-Supported my husband through a Masters Degree.
-Become a home-owner
-Read my scriptures every day for 14 years*
-Lived to be the kind of person who helps others feel like they are worth knowing.
-Been Sealed in the temple to the man of my dreams, and stayed happy with him for more than 7 years*
-Given birth to 3 wonderful sons and done my best to be a great mother to them.*
There are other things I've done this year that have been worth mentioning, but it's hard to quanitfy them. Some of these are:
-Raising a boy with Autism,
-Raising a boy who had a hard time learning to talk
-Supporting my parents while they're on their mission,
-Supporting my husband through all he wants to do
-Have a clean house most of the time.
-Reducing our family debt.
-Being a good friend whenever possible,
-Teaching my oldest son to eat protein,
-Learning how to fix things myself.
-Learning to coupon.
-Read many books.
-Interned at DCFS.
-Strengthened my testimony.
These are a few of the things I've done, but the list is in no way complete, and I hope to add to it for the next 72+ years on earth.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Carrie - I didn't know that one of your boys had autism. I just watched the movie Temple Grandin last night - have you seen it? I loved it - very inspiring.

Lydia said...

Great list, good job!

Chuck and Nancy said...

OK. Now what is next?
Congratulations. Keep it up.
DAD

Chuck and Nancy said...

So far, so good. Now what is next?
Keep up the good work.
DAD

Della Hill said...

You forgot to add:
Been a really great sister.
Happy Birthday.
Love you,
Della