Throughout my life I have learned a lot of things from experience. The first thing that comes to mind is cars. This is what I've learned from my experiences with cars:
-Running out of gas is embarrasing, but causes no damage to the car.
-Running out of oil is NOT like running out of gas. It is not only embarrassing, but it also turns your engine into a really expensive piece of useless metal.
-Running out of transmission fluid is bad for your transmission, if your car isn't shifting gears smoothly, check the transmission fluid.
-Using expensive window cleaner that has a lower freezing temperature is worth the price. It really stinks to have to pull over every five minutes to throw a snowball at your window because your windshield is dirty and your windshield cleaner is frozen.
-If your car is rocking up and down while you drive down the street, you probably have a flat tire.
-It is important to have a jack in your car, and a 4 way lug wrench. The 4 way part is mostly just important if the nuts were put on too tightly.
-Highway patrolmen are really nice about changing your tire for you when you don't have a lug wrench (at least the one that helped me was).
-Having your car looked at occasionally by a good mechanic can save you some serious money and frustration down the road.
-Maintenance is less expensive, and better timed than getting stuff fixed is.
So that is most of what I've learned from experience about driving cars. The important thing about all of these is that I learned from them. I am probably more careful about checking oil than any person I know.
While it's important to learn from your own experiences, there is something more important: learning from other people's experiences. These experiences usually don't have as huge an impact on your own life, and as such they are harder to remember, but if you try, you can learn a lot from other people.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


3 comments:
What prompted this post?
You said it Sis! It's usually more comfortable learning form the experience of others, but like you said it's not always as easy. -- Drew
I hadn't posted in awhile and thought it would be a good topic.
Post a Comment