Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crazy Semester

This semester of school has been crazy. To start off with I was pregnant. I decided to take classes this semester so I could have next semester off to enjoy my baby. Once that was decided I registered for 2 night classes, that started at 5:30 pm on Monday and Tuesday. Then I found out I only had 5 credits and had to have 6 for student loan reasons, so I added a class. I thought it would be best to add an online class, but I was a little worried about actually doing the work on time (I'm a professional procrastinator).
The first half of the semest went well. I went to class each week and did everything I was supposed to. The second half got a little harder. I was hurting quite a bit and sitting for a 3 hour class 2 nights in a row just wasn't comfortable.
Each night I had class I had to wait for Karl to get home from work so he could watch the boys. Most of the time this wasn't a problem, but occasionally he would get held up at work and I would have to drive fast to get to class on time.
At the end of November I had my baby, following about 2 weeks of contractions every 5 minutes or less. I hadn't been able to focus on homework for that long, so I had to do some the day after Eddie was born and email it in.
I had done projects early for my other class and didn't have to worry about them until finals. For the last few weeks of class I took Eddie with me when I needed to.
After all of this I was hoping for good grades, but I wasn't sure I would get them. But I did. I got an A in each class. Unfortunately that didn't raise my overall GPA, but another semester of having a 4.0 is nice.
Too bad Grandpa isn't around to pay me for my grades... (Actually he never did, I missed out on that. He was always happy to see them though and let me know how proud of me he was.)

No comments: