About 2 weeks ago I had parent teacher conference with Kaleb's teacher. She mentioned that he was having a hard time staying focused in class and got distracted from his work easily. That was the day after a study came out suggesting that tv shows like Spongebob can affect attention span. I decided to do my own experiment. Kaleb had been watching a lot of cartoons, not Spongebob (because I hate that show), things like Transformers, Iron Man and Voltron Force.
I talked to kaleb and told him that the shows he was watching were moving too fast and that it was making his brain have a hard time focusing. So we made a new rule that he could only watch 1 fast show each day.
I thought he would have a hard time, but he has been very good at following the rule, and most days he chose to watch PBS shows instead, or played outside, which he wasn't interested in before.
Yesterday I asked Kaleb's teacher if she had seen a difference. She said she was amazed at how much better kaleb was staying on task, and he was learning much better. She also said he had a better attitude than he had before.
So, our experiment was a success. Kaleb does better in school when he doesn't watch cartoons.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


4 comments:
Love it - Great job MOM!
Wow! That's really cool! I mean that you payed attention to him and to the latest reseach. You're an awesome Momma!I'm glad it
worked so quickly.
N.
sounds interesting, glad it worked.
Whooo hooo! You go girl! I love it! Now to spread the word to all parents everywhere. ;)
Rebecca Suton
Post a Comment