Emily has a definite plan in mind for how she decorates her home. She told me once that her plan for their bedroom was to decorate in colors that would match any quilt they received. This plan includes white walls and black metal accessories. She also has Red candles to add a little color.
So I made their quilt Black, red and white.
One day Emily and I were discussing quilts and she asked why all quilts were one large pattern made from a bunch of smaller patterns. I told her that that type of pattern is just easier to make. She and Von also like Celtic stuff. So when I saw this pattern I knew it was just right for them.
Here is the final result:


They were absolutely thrilled with the quilt. They called me after they opened it and told me for at least 10 minutes how much they loved it. One of Emily's comments was that she loved that I remembered that she liked one pattern vs a bunch of little ones.
There are few things better than giving a gift you know will be loved and cherished for years to come.


1 comment:
Beautiful! You are so talented!
Post a Comment