I have a minivan, but sometimes I feel funny having it instead of a smaller car (since I only have 2 kids). But today I used my van to it's full potential. First I loaded 2 bedframes and 8 bags of clothes into it. When I got home from delivering those I noticed some tree branches that my neighbor cut off one of our trees. They have been sitting on the grass for a week, so I decided to take them to the compost yard.
BTW, the compost yard is a place that anyone can take any yard waste. They use it to make compost, and then people can buy the compost at very cheap rates. I think this is a marvelous idea. The only thing better would be having a garbage can that is only for yard waste that could be picked up each week.
Anyway, when I decided to load the back of the van I didn't realize how many branches there were. Luckily they compacted rather well and I made most of them fit (a few ends of branches were sticking out the edges of the back door).
The drive to the yard was successful, except that my boys didn't like getting their heads scratched by branches. There was one main flaw with my plan, which I didn't completely realize until I had emptied the branches. The entire floor of my van was coated in little green/yellow buds. So I vacumned the van when I got home. Next time I'll use the tarp I usually keep in the car for such occasions (that I haven't used yet).
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


3 comments:
Good job, I just love super productive days.
Lillie
I love my minivan.
There are times when I go weeks with the rear seats of my van folded in to the floor.
I usually fold them in for a big shopping trip, but then, even though I do have 7 people in my family, we are rarely all in one car together.
But I wouldn't give up my van for anything.
I'm glad you are getting good use out of yours.
-Della
Yeah good for you.-N
Post a Comment