Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last Night

Last night I had a sad experience. Karl's Dad has had cancer and has been slowly declining. About 2 weeks ago he fell which accelerated his declining. He stopped eating on Saturday and we knew the end was coming soon. Last night all the family that was nearby came to say goodbye to him. Karl had to work today so we left about 11:00 and came home and went to bed. Merrill passed away at around 2:30. Iris called and said she needed me so I went back over. After everything she needed to take care of was done I brought her home with me so she could get some sleep.
This morning I checked my family blog and found out that my sister had her baby this morning. It is nice to see the Lord send a fresh new spirit to the world after he took one home.

5 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Carrie,

You amaze me. -- Drew

Chuck and Nancy said...

Why?
-Carrie

Lillian Wilkinson said...

that's gonna take a phonecall -- Drew

Goodrich said...

Carrie
I apologize for your loss, I will keep you in our prayers. It is so true about sending down a spirit in place of.

Chuck and Nancy said...

Let your family know we are aware of the loss and are praying for them.
Carrie keep us informed as the time table develops.
DAD