Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jinxed?

Well, the house fell through. On Tuesday we had a meeting with Provo City Redevelopment Agency, who informed us that because Karl might get a raise sometime in the next year, we are overqualified for the house.
It took me awhile to write this post because I was so frustrated about it. Since then we have come up with a few other options, one of which would be to wait until December, (when they think Karl will get a raise), prove that he didn't get it, and re-apply. If we do that though we may go with a different house, that's one of the things we're debating.
While this was really frustrating to have happen, there are worse things that could have happened. I feel like Heavenly Father had a reason for the house not happening, and although it is really frustrating, I know he has things in control. For now we'll stay in this apartment and keep praying to know what to do.
Have a great day.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm sorry I know how excited you were. I hope that things work out right for you. Lydia

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Carrie,
Things like this do happen for a reason, I have several stories that I can tell you. You have a great attitude, I am always impressed with what I learn when I switch my question from "Why not?" To "What can I learn from this?" The Lord always has something that he can teach us. Love ya Little Sis. -- Drew

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Carrie,
I am sad that this happened, though I keep thinking of when Chet and Liz were looking for a house in Provo, and they had a house fall through (I think at the last minute, though it was a while ago and I am not sure), but because of the time delay they were then looking when the house they got came available. We will keep you (and your house) in our prayers.
Lillie

Lillian Wilkinson said...

P.S. I dont believe in Jinxing.
it was the lords plan.
Lillie

Administrator Alice said...

Have you thought of a WEDA loan? Love ya, Alice

Administrator Alice said...

I spelled it wrong, WHEDA loan. Alice