Friday, October 24, 2008

Quilting

This has been a busy week. I finished a quilt top and did something I've never done before, took it to be machine quilted. I feel like I'm cheating, but I don't have time to quilt it right now and I have a deadline for it. The woman doing the machine quilting does wonderful work, so I think it will end up beautiful.
I also helped my mom sew together a quilt top in a new pattern. It's a buggy barn quilt, which means the pattern doesn't include sewing allowances and isn't supposed to. This gives variation to the quilt blocks.
During cleaning I found some quilt blocks I sewed when I was pregnant with Kaleb. It is a block of the month quilt, and I have 3 of each block. But no fabric to sew them together with. So Mom and I went shopping and found fabric to use for sashing and backing. That quilt will be for me, mostly because it has purple in it, and I want it.

4 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

good for you, on finishing the quilt top, Its not cheating, its finishing. I have been working on one of my block of the month quilts (from 3 years ago). I have the blocks all done. ( I had to put borders on them since they were way different in size.(you are supposed to use a 1/4" presserfoot- not just the edge of whatever presserfoot you have on the time)) Now I get to do the sashing. I bought the fabric for this when we still lived in Missouri.
Lillie

Lydia said...

I wish that I had time to sew a quilt. All i have sewn lately is bags. I do plan on stopping orders for a while with the move and then maybe Ill be able to sew one for JT

Administrator Alice said...

Take a picture when it comes back, I want to see it. It sounds great. Love ALice

Della Hill said...

Awesome.
I love the quilt you made for me.
So much love goes into the making of a quilt. Even if you are just doing it for yourself.
Good work.
-Della