Today we learned a little about persistence. I have called Provo School District at least 4 times about getting Kaleb into preschool. I know I've said on each phone call that he was in preschool in Springville and we needed to get him into preschool soon. Each time the person took my information and said they would have the right person call me back. They didn't.
I've been stressed about our sewer problem, so I figured I would worry about it later. Karl decided to do something about it today. He called and the person he talked to wanted him to just leave a message, which he wouldn't do. So she got the right person to talk to and Karl told her we want to get Kaleb back in Preschool. Apparently the messages she had received said we just had concerns about his speech, which is different from a child who already has had testing and an IEP.
All we have to do to get him in school is take a copy of his IEP and some other papers to the school and they'll schedule him starting. Why couldn't the first person I talked to have told me that?
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


6 comments:
I can call and call about something and finally Brian will call and in 1 call do what i couldn't it can be very frustrating.
They like to be in charge and often times it takes someone with a command presence, or at least someone who is really grumpy, to get them past the desire they feel for control. -- Drew
I bet you can't guess which one I use...
When you are a bueracrate it is against the rules to let let any thing happen easily.
It also comes under unrighteous dominion.
Now for the next step, getting the things in to them. Good luck.
DAD
Three cheers for Karl, I like to use Tom as a backup, There is something about a man calling that gets things done. Totally frustrating, I have once or twice when I have felt like I was talking to a wall, simply said, nevermind, I will have my husband call, it is amazing what that will do sometimes too.
Lillian
I have a stellar reputation -- Drew ps I enjoy being the stick.
Urrgg School can be frustrating.
This talk of Drew reminds me of a time he came to the mechanics with me. I walked up to the desk and started talking to the guy then Drew came in and stood somewhere behind me but it was clear we knew each other. So the guy at the desk stared asking drew stuff about my car. I was annoyed. I guess Drew just commands attention.
Niki
Post a Comment