On Saturday we went to the first concert we won free tickets to. We decided to take the boys to it, and Karl's mom came as well. I was a little nervous taking them because the last concert we went to had a lot of drinking. I shouldn't have worried, it was a very family friendly concert.
The concert was at Silverlake Ampitheatre, which is in Eagle Mountain. It was the culminating event after a week of celebration for our troops. The concert was pretty good, and it was added to by some fun things courtesy of the military. There were 4-5 military vehicles to look at and in, Von gave a hug to the soldier in the tank, which the soldier wasn't expecting. Halfway through the concert there were about 6 people sworn in to the military. I hadn't realized how similar their vow was to the vow the President makes when he is sworn in.
My favorite part was how they started the concert. They said to look at the sky, and a helicopter came out of the clouds, and dropped 2 parachuters. Luckily my boys had found some binoculars earlier in the day and insisted on taking them with us. The first one landed about 30 feet from us. The second was carrying an American Flag and landed right in front of the stage. I didn't know you could be that precise when parachuting. A couple minutes later a plane did a fly-by. It reminded me of the one at the beginning of Top Gun.
Overall it was a good concert. I'm looking forward to Toby Keith and Trace Adkins in August.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment