Friday, June 26, 2009

First Impressions

As many of you are aware, Michael Jackson died recently. My perception of Michael Jackson has always been rather skewed thanks to one of my brothers. The first time I heard the song "Beat it", I thought Michael Jackson copied Weird Al's song "Eat it". I learned that this wasn't true from watching a video of Weird Al's life.
In this video Weird Al goes to Michael Jackson to ask if he can make a parody of one of his songs. I tried to find it on youtube, but didn't have any luck. My memory is that Michael Jackson is sitting on a really nice chair, and dressed up in a sequin suit coat with white gloves on. I don't remember him giving Weird Al an answer, but I do remember his gloves suddenly splitting to show long fingernails and hairy hands, and before Weird Al can do anything Michael Jackson has turned into a Monkey of some kind. This is how I pictured Michael Jackson for years afterward. Thanks for the memories Mike.

No comments: