Monday, November 30, 2009

Blessings

This has been a month of blessings, and I am definitely grateful for them!
The most important thing I am grateful for is my new little boy! Klarence Edward (Eddie) was born on November 20th.
There are a lot of little blessings that added to making this one easier. One is that I had plenty of people willing to watch my older boys when I went to the hospital, because I had the extras it ended up being ok that 3 of them weren't able to (due to sickness and leaking water heaters). My parents watched them. This was good for more than one reason. My parents know the way I do things better than the others who would have watched them. My parents are good at working with their picky diets, and can understand their talking reasonably well. Also, my parents are leaving for a mission soon, and this gave my boys more of a chance to spend time with them.
The second blessing was the labor itself. I kindof went into labor on my own, which hasn't happened before. I was able to deal with pain and discomfort really well, and the labor wasn't really very long. There were no complications with the delivery at all. The closest we got to a complication was that the baby monitor wouldn't pick up the baby's heartrate when I was sitting up, so I had to lay down most of the time. My nurses were wonderful! My doctor was great! Everything went really smoothly. And my baby is healthy!
The third blessing has been my recovery. I was amazed after my second baby how quickly I recovered. It only took me a few weeks to feel good again. This time it only took a few days. While I did have some postpardum depression, it has been very limited and is improving every day. I am also happy that my weight is improving very quickly as well.
The Fourth blessing (and the last one I'll mention) has been my sweet husband. He has been amazing over the last few weeks. He has supported me when I needed it, and when I didn't realize I needed it. He took days off work whenever I needed him to, and gave me flowers while I was in labor. He even went to Papa Johns to get me pizza when the hospital food wasn't good.
These are a just a few of my many blessings that I am grateful for.

No comments: