Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hiding

Von has learned something new: how to hide. This is something that he is very good at, and is getting better at all the time. Usually he hides when he wants to play with something he isn't supposed to play with, like his piggy bank. He quietly goes into my room, takes it off the shelf, goes into the closet and hides behind the door, where he takes the plug out of the tummy and dumps all the coins out. He has done this so many times that I automatically check there first.
Another place he hides is under his bed. I knew he liked playing under beds, and so I left a space big enough to play when I was putting boxes under his bed. The nice thing about this hiding place is that I know to look there.
The next most likely hiding place is in the sewing room. Currently the sewing room isn't very organized, so he crawls under the clothes drying rack, under the quilting frame and puts together puzzles. He loves it under there. I wonder what he'll do when I get the room organized?
A few nights ago I went to check on the boys before I went to bed, and Von wasn't in his bed. So I checked under his bed, and under Kaleb's bed. No Von. I quickly started freaking out and yelled for Karl to come help me. We turned on all the lights and looked everywhere we could think of. Somewhere during the search I realized that the front door was unlocked (which meant someone could have come in and taken him, at least that was possible in my frame of mind at the time). After a good minute or two of searching, and freaking out, and praying, I moved the door to the boy's bedroom, and there was Von, sleeping soundly on the floor behind the door. I almost started crying, I was so thrilled that he was ok.
So now I have a new hiding place to look at when searching for Von...

3 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Hiding must run in the family. I remember years ago, when della was missing. Mom had the whole neighborhood searching for her, she was finally found asleep UNDER her bed.

Mike Hugo said...

Those kind of stories are amusing, but only till later. I'm glad you found that little rascal safe and sound.
Niki

administrator alice said...

I am so happy to hear about Klarence. Get some pictures out. Alice