On Saturday I bought $43.34 worth of stuff and spent 24.68. That's 44% off!!! Today I did even better.
I bought all this stuff:

The total was $65.14. I got 9.05 off in coupons which made it only $56.09. I thought I had done better than that so I was really bummed. On my way out of the store I realized I had forgotten to have the cashier scan my Fresh Values card. I figured it was too late, but I went to ask Customer Service if I could get my savings refunded. She said it was no problem, entered my receipt number and gave me back $25.02. That made my total $31.07. Which means I got 52% off.
I only spent about an hour figuring out the coupons and making my list and shopping, which made my time worth about $35/hour. Not too shabby.


3 comments:
That is awesome.
My questions are: Are those all things that you would have bought anyway? Are they things like but would only buy at a good price, or did you buy them just because you could get a good deal?
Also, if you had purchased the generic brands how would the cost have compared?
I love a good deal.
-Della
They are all things that I would have bought anyway. There were a ton of things I could have gotten for really good prices, but wouldn't have used, so I didn't buy them.
The cool thing about sales is that when stores put things on sale it is usually the brand names that go on sale, which puts them to about the same price as generic, and sometimes lower, then you factor in the extra savings because it's a fresh values item (and generic aren't ever those), and the coupons, and stuff is way cheaper.
I actually had coupons for Ziploc containers like the Rubbermaid ones I got, but the Rubbermaid were cheaper even with the sale and the coupon, so I got the Rubbermaid.
:)
Great job Carrie! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment