Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finals

Last night I took my last final, and Karl took his last final, so this semester is over!! It was kind of funny though. His final was in the testing center and he had a 3 hour time limit, so he figured he would take about 3 hours. I dropped him off at the testing center at about 4:45. The plan was that I would go take my final and then go back to the testing center to wait for him. (The testing center is next to the free parking lot, which is the farthest from the main part of campus, it is far enough that there is a free shuttle that goes between the bookstore entrance to the school and the free parking lot). I went to my class and took my final, it started at 5:30 and I finished at about 6:15. Here's where we messed up.
After I finished my final I walked along the downstairs hallway to the bathroom, then up the stairs at the south end of the hall, out the door and to the van. I wasn't expecting Karl to be ready to be picked up until about 8:00, so I went to Wendys and then drove to the testing center parking lot and read Harry Potter while I was waiting.
Karl showed up at about 7:45- looking a litte windblown. Apparently he finished his test at about 6:05. He walked all the way to the school and found the van. Since the van was there I went to wait outside my classroom. Unfortunately, he walked along the upstairs hallway and went down the stairs at the north end of the hallway. So we barely missed each other. He waited outside my classroom until my teacher left at about 7:30. He clecked the classroom and I wasn't there. That was when he gave up and walked back to the testing center parking lot, where he found me.
I think it is funny that we missed each other by such a small amount of time. Sometimes it would be nice to have cell phones, but not enough to pay tons each month for them.
I know that was really long, but I hope you enjoyed reading it.

1 comment:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Wow, i still have 2-3 weeks. We are out on May 9. with the kids out on may 19. I start summer school on the 20 of May. plus we need to be planning for 2 birthdays and mothers day. Good job on finishing.
Lillie