Friday, May 30, 2008

A Momentous Occasion

Well, last night a momentous occasion occurred. The first part wasn't that important, I cooked rice for dinner. The more important part was that all the rice was soft, but not soggy, and not burnt. I've been trying for years to get this right, and haven't even been able to do it with minute rice. So we finally bought a rice cooker and ta da: we have soft rice. We should have bought one long ago.
The other momentous thing that happened was that Kaleb ate rice. He normally sticks to noodles, toast and cereal and sometimes a bite or two of something else. Last night he ate 2 plates of rice, I should have known that he would eat it if it was swimming in tomato sauce....

4 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Didn't we all used to like rice (or macaroni) with tomato sauce?
Lillie
Ps. Go kaleb!!

Lydia said...

Yes we did and some still do. Lydia

Chet and Liz Hugo said...

Our Black & Decker rice cooker, which we've had for many years, just quit working. We replaced it with a new stainless steel one. We eat a lot of rice, but we don't eat it with tomato sauce. I suggested it after reading this blog entry, but all I received was the ewwww! face from everyone.

Della Hill said...

Hooray tomato sauce!
Though I tend to add a lot of pepper now too.
-Della