Thursday, May 1, 2008

The tale of the shoes

A few weeks ago I noticed that Von was walking funny, so I decided he probably needed new shoes. We went to Payless and had his feet measured. He was wearing size 4 shoes and measured at a 6. I decided to play it safe and get size 7 so they would last longer. They had their BOGO sale (buy one get one 1/2 off), so I got him 2 pairs so I wouldn't have to search for a missing shoe when I was in a hurry.
We got home and Von enjoyed running in his new shoes. I put his old shoes into my drawer of outgrown clothes that I haven't moved to boxes yet, and noticed a pair of Kaleb's old shoes, size 7. I figured that gave me an extra pair. After a day or two I noticed that the size 7's came off his feet too easily. Shortly afterwards I noticed some velcro on them coming unstiched. I took that pair back to the store and traded it for a new pair, this time of size 6 1/2.
Von liked his 4th new pair of shoes and especially liked exploring at Nana and Poppie's house in them. While exploring he lost one of his new shoes. Poppie and I searched for it for quite awhile, but to no avail. I hoped it would surface after I left, it didn't.
Last Friday I gave up waiting to find the shoe and went to buy a new pair so Von could walk at the zoo. The BOGO sale was still going on, so I bought Kaleb a new pair of shoes since his old ones were a little small. I told Von not to lose that new shoe because I didn't want to buy him anymore shoes for awhile. (I don't know how well he listened, but at least he hasn't lost them yet).
On Tuesday I went to Nana and Poppie's and was told that Poppie found Von's shoe. It was hiding in the furnace room.
So now Von has 2 pair of size 6 1/2 shoes, and 3 of size 7 shoes. Hopefully they last him for awhile...

No comments: