Monday, May 12, 2008

Waffle Maker

A few months ago our Waffle Maker met a sad death. Kaleb was getting it out of the cupboard so I would make some for him and he dropped it. The hinge broke, and we haven't had waffles since. For some families this wouldn't really matter. For my family it did. We generally eat pancakes or waffles 2-4 times a week, either for breakfast or dinner. Since the waffle maker broke it has been only pancakes. We have tried to buy a new waffle maker at least 3 times, but each time we looked the store didn't have the kind we wanted. On Saturday we gave up on getting one like we were used to and bought a rotating one (the cost wasn't bad either). I thought it was a goofy idea to rotate the waffles, but now I understand why. Our previous waffle maker made waffles about an inch thick, which I thought was pretty good. This one makes them about 2 inches thick. Here is a picture of one similar to ours:

I like the waffle maker, it's fun to twirl the handle, and I can't wait to made strawberries and cream to go on them.

1 comment:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Cool, I am still using the waffle maker we got as a wedding present, I think I would make waffles more often if I had either a second, or a double wafflemaker.
Lillie