Mom commented that the house is more modern than it looks from the outside. That's actually one of the things I love about it. The house has things that give it character, but everything is brand new and nice. For example: there are transom windows above all the doors, they let in extra light and are really pretty. I also like the baseboards. Not a lot of homes have 8" of baseboards. Also the ceilings are really high. I'm not sure if it's 11 feet high or 12, but either way it is high.
Here is a picture of part of the kitchen:

I actually won't be painting the walls. I really like the beige color they are now, but I COULD if I wanted to and probably will at some point. The picture is taken from the living room, so you can't see where the fridge goes on the right. The doorway on the left that you can barely see goes to the laundry room which also has a door that leads to the carport.
If the person taking the picture had turned 90 degrees to their right you would be able to see the main bathroom and the entrances to the kids bedrooms/my sewing room (the smaller bedroom will be my sewing room and guest room until we have a little girl for it, and no this isn't an announcement, we're just planning for the future).
Another 90 degrees and you would see the living room, including the front door and the windows. You would probably also see the doorway into the master bedroom. Off the master is a bathroom and walk-in-closet.
In case you can't tell, I'm really excited about it. We won't get the keys until Tuesday and then we can start moving in.


5 comments:
Wonderful, I am so happy for you!
I am really excited for you. Your own home. I must say I am a little Jealous. Congrats
Hooray!
Hooray! Mom
I'm so excited for you!
Maybe someday I'll get to be a homeowner too.
Until then I'll just live vicariously through you.
Hooray!
-Della
Post a Comment