Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sore Arms

It has been snowing again. I really enjoy the snow. It makes the world beautiful, and it's great for rehydrating the ground.
There is a bad side to it though. We live in an apartment, one of the things we liked about the apartment was knowing that we weren't limited on parking spaces. There is room for at least 7 cars to park in front of the apartment. The problem with this is when it snows we are responsible for shoveling the snow. If I just shovel the walkway it wouldn't take too long, but when you add the parking spaces for us and our neighbor, it takes a long time. So this morning I went out and shoveled for 45 minutes. Now my arms hurt!!! Maybe in our new house we'll be able to get a snowblower :)

By the way, our house is still going forward. We don't have a closing date yet, but hopefully it will be in the next 2 weeks. We did get more news about the house though. Originally our interest rate was 5.95, which we were happy with. When we couldn't close by the end of 2008 the interest rate changed to 5.25. Yesterday we found out that we have a 4.9 interest rate if we close by the end of March. Whoo hooo!!!!

2 comments:

Della Hill said...

I'm sure your arms are benefitting from the work out. Toning up is never a bad thing.
Are you sure you want a snowblower?

That interest rate is awesome. It will save you thousands of dollars.
-Della

Lillian Wilkinson said...

carrie,
remember to do more shoveling (arm exercises) to keep those muscles in use.

I want to tell you that I love my quilt. We stayed home from church on sunday because tom and I were both sick. At one time I started to shiver I already had a fleece blanket on me. Jim got a double weight afghan and covered me with it. It helped slow down the shivers but not stop them so Tom sent Jim up to get our new quilt off the bed. when I was covered with it, I was able to stop shivering and I even went to sleep for a few hours.

Lillie