Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

It's a new year. Wow, last year went by really quickly. To send out the old year Karl and I had some friends over. Jordan and Eric brought their Wii, and Shelly and Steve came over too. We had a bunch of fun playing games, then watched a movie and talked for a couple hours. (Actually Jordan and Eric left soon after midnight because Jordan had to work today, but the other 4 of us finished the movie and then talked). Karl's mom borrowed our boys for the evening. She said they had fun, and it gave Karl and I a break for a night.
Here's the pictures of the traditional New Years Kisses




Traditionally I stay away from making New Year's Resolutions, I think it's silly to suddenly decide something is important to do for the new year when it wasn't important for the last year. And most resolutions are given up within a week or two.
This year I am going to do something a little different. I've been thinking of things I would like to be able to say I have accomplished. I don't really have a deadline for them, but I would like to do them. Here they are:

Make a quilt for each person in my immediate family
Earn a Bachelor's Degree
Earn a Master's Degree
Make a positive difference in as many people's lives as possible
Have a happy marriage for 50+ years (as a prelude to eternity)
Have happy, well-adjusted, strong, spiritual, dependable children

There are other things, but those are the things that have been on my mind.

2 comments:

danette said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it. We had no sitter. Thank you for the invite.

SGM said...

That looks like a little to much P.D.A. for one night!! LOL