Sunday, February 8, 2009

I got a WHAT?

Last week I turned in a paper for one of my classes. I had been dreading the paper and therefore procrastinated. I started it Friday afternoon, worked for about 30 minutes, then left to do some things. When I got home after 10:00 pm I started working on it again and finished the 3-5 page paper. It was exactly 3 pages long. I didn't feel very good about it, but by that time it was past midnight and I knew I had hours of class the next day to sit through, so I went to bed. I turned it in and thought, maybe I'll get a C.
Yesterday I got the paper back and I was amazed. I got an A, 95%. The teacher wrote a comment at the end: "Very nicely argued, with a clear statement and summary."
Did she read the paper I wrote?
I know that I have a tendency to think less of the things I do than other people do, but I'm amazed that a paper I thought was crap the teacher actually thought was good. If you want to read it and give me your opinion I'll email it to you. Just be aware that the topic was: Colonization was the making of Africa. Agree or disagree (I disagreed).

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Don't ya hat eit when that happens? And yes, I am curious to see your paper. I have never considered the topic, but it sounds interesting.

Della Hill said...

Congrats on the A.
Don't complain too much, it won't be long before you work your butt off on a paper you think is great and you'll get a C.
It's all based on perspective.
Good job though.
-Della

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I second Della. Good Job If you want to send me the paper I'll read it. -- Drew