Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm doing something right.

Often as a parent I feel inadequate and am sure that my kids will grow up awful, other times I think I'm doing ok, and once in a while I think my kids will grow up just right. I had one of those last moments on Wednesday night.
Karl and I were at a Ward dinner, and the boys were in the Nursery. About halfway into dinner two of the Young Women from the Nursery came and told us that Kaleb had a gash above his eye and was bleeding pretty badly. I went to the Nursery to check and sure enough he was bleeding. I asked what had happened and they said they didn't know. He was playing happily and they looked over and he was bleeding. When they asked him what happened he started crying.
What they didn't say was that they freaked out when they saw the blood, and so he followed their example. He didn't care enough about the blood to cry, or stop playing. How cool is that? I think Karl and I are doing something right.

(Yes, Kaleb is fine, it had mostly clotted within 10 minutes or so.)

1 comment:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Blood is good. Congrats. DAD