Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Semester is almost over/ an update on us.

This has been one of the longest semesters of my school career. Almost as long as the semester I had to take Statistics. The end is in sight however. Today I did my presentation on my research project. We started the presentation by playing the song "Lets talk about sex" while we handed out "Better than Sex cake". Everyone asked a lot of questions about our project, and it looks like we got full points on it. We did get our paper back- that I wrote most of- and we got 100% on that as well. The final starts next Wednesday and runs for a week. I figured out my grade and right now I have a 93%. In order to keep it there I have to get at least an 84 on the final, which is what I've gotten on the other 3 tests, so I'm not too worried.
My other class had our final today. With a huge amount of luck I'll end up with an A in there as well. Otherwise I'll have an A-, and since "B's get degrees", so do A minuses.
Other than the complete tiredness I'm dealing with I'm doing ok. I got to talk to a good friend today that I haven't talked to since I moved. She's going to help me plant my garden this week. Whoohooo!!!

An update on my family:
Karl has a final next Saturday, then he starts his last class. His commencement ceremony is May 1, but he doesn't finish his last class until June. We're looking forward to it, I miss having my sweetie home on Friday nights.

Kaleb has been talking a lot more. His teachers are doing something right. While he is still hard to understand, the amount he talks has increased, and he is using more words. It's wonderful to have him come ask me for something in a full sentence.

Von started speech therapy and is already showing improvement. I don't think it will take as much to get him caught up. We talked to an occupational therapist about his eating and she gave me some great ideas to get him to eat. So he is eating more variety than he was only 2 or 3 weeks ago. He loves to cuddle and gives me hugs all the time.

So overall we're doing good. I'm so grateful for the blessings in our lives. We have our tough times, but the great times are nice to have inbetween.

5 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Great. Keep it up. One step at a time.
DAD

Lydia said...

What suggestions did she give I am always looking for ways to increase healthy food intake.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Carrie you amaze me. -- Drew

Chuck and Nancy said...

Today during Sacrament Meeting I noticed that Kaleb is trying more to communicate with words. Mom

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I am so proud of you and karl for both going to school at the same time. it is hard with just one of us. Isnt it great to see our kids improving.

good luck with the food thing, maybe you could share those tips with us. I have a whole family of picky eaters.

Love ya, Lillian