Sunday, June 29, 2008

10 Year Reunion

Last night was my 10 year high school reunion. It was pretty fun. I got to see people I haven't seen in 10 years, and others that I haven't seen in the last year or so. We had questions on our achievements and whoever had accomplished the most won a prize. I won a duffel bag for having lived in more cities than anyone else (9). I don't think everyone was counting mission cities, which is probably why I won, but oh well.
One of the funny things that happened was 2 of my old boyfriends asked Karl if I still make great cookies. He said that I do occasionally, but usually I just buy the dough and bake it. I think I need to do more baking for him.
Since high school I've wondered if I had really influenced anyone and had no idea that I had. As I was getting ready to leave a girl ran up to me and started talking to me like we had been great friends in High School, which was interesting because I wouldn't have put us in the same group even though we knew each other. Maybe that means I influenced her in a positive way. It felt good.
I would have liked it if more of my friends were there, but some of them were and it was good to see them.
I think everyone has an idea of what their lives will be like when they graduate high school, mine hasn't really been what I planned. But I think I'm happier this way than I would have been if my plan had happened. I wouldn't change anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its nice have seen old friends again! LOL, that is funny that two guys asked Keith about if you are still good cooking. I know that you still have skill cooking! At last time we have group dating at your house for dinner, I dated with Richardo then went to UVSC dancing there. It was blasted! I miss it!

Jordan said...

It was a lot of fun.

Chet and Liz Hugo said...

I really like the tv. And I do like the couch even though its really really red. I'd want in a blue or burgundy color.--Liz