A couple of months ago I mentioned to Karl that someday I wanted to have a big screen TV. I was thinking in the far future after we had a house, but that part didn't get across to him. So he started looking at them and mentioning them when a good time arose. The main thing stopping him was the money factor.
On father's day I gave him $150 to go towards a TV. He started to get excited. Then we put some other money together and now have an account that is waiting to be spent on a TV.
Earlier this week we were discussing it and decided that a 32" is about $600, and a 37" is only a hundred or two more, and a 40" is only 2 or 3 hundred more, and a 50" is on sale for less than a 40", so if we're getting a big one, we might as well get a really big one.
We had decided to go today to buy one, but reason won. We decided that while a TV larger than what we have would be nice we really don't need one, so we're going to wait a little longer so we can put more into the TV and have the satisfaction of paying for it up-front. We also decided that a 32" is sufficient for our needs, we really don't need anything bigger, especially when you consider that our TV now is a 20".
Karl is a little disappointed, (I am too), but I'm glad we made a responsible choice. Maybe some day we'll buy a huge TV, but I think we'll save that for when we have a house to put it in...
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


1 comment:
I'm very proud of you.
Post a Comment