On Wednesday we drove to Ikea to buy a table to put the new TV on, but ended up deciding to re-purpose our new bookcase instead. We also went to Boondocks which is a gaming place similar to Trafalga (but a lot bigger). Karl and Kaleb rode on the go-carts and then we all played in the arcade for awhile.
Thursday we spent awhile at my mom's house while she was getting Comcast installed. Then we went to do in-person pricing on TV's. We didn't find anything at Walmart that we really loved, so on to RC Willey. Karl fell in love with one of the TV's and was taking forever talking about pros and cons with the salesman, so I took the boys on a walk around the store. I found a couch that I loved, but didn't think Karl would like, but I showed him anyway. We put it on hold and decided to come back the next day when there was no sales tax and the couch would be 20% off.
So early the next day we cleaned out the living room, and gave our entertainment center and old TV to our upstairs neighbor (she was thrilled). Karl took our couch over to his mom and then our neighbor watched our boys while we went to pick up our couch and TV.
The couch almost didn't fit in our van, we finally got it to by moving up the driver's seat as it would go. Our van is awesome! Getting the stuff inside our house was a bit of a pain, the couch took 4 adults to move, but it looks wonderful.
This is what our living room looks like now:



6 comments:
awesome! how fun for you.
I wish we had an ikea closer than souix falls- than again, maybe its a good thing (for my checkbook) that we don't.
lillie
Looks great.
Don't you feel overly indulgent buying a tv that big? (giggle)
-Della
I love your red couch. alice
Red is one of my favorite colors.I'm glad you guys could buy what you wanted. Niki
I love the couch, too.
Neatly TV! Michael is green of envy! He always want one! But we prefer wait until we move back to Wyoming after he finishs his diving scuba school and we are very lack budget money cuz here is very expensive! I love you!
Post a Comment