Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cool Stuff

When I was in high school I took some sewing classes. One day I was at a sewing store with Jordan and I pointed to a magnetic pin cushion and said: I've always wanted one of those. That year for my birthday or Christmas she gave me a purple one. They are awesome, if pins drop on the floor you just have to turn it upside down and hold it slightly above the pins and it picks them all up. It also is easier to use than a traditional pin cushion because you don't have to push the tip of the pins into the cushion.



Last week I was helping a friend, Kendra, work on a wool outfit she's making. At some point she ran out of bobbin and I said something about wanting to have a SideWinder to wind bobbins on. If you have more than 1 spool of thread then you don't have to unthread your machine to wind a bobbin. They are also nice because they use a different motor, which is good for your sewing machine. Yesterday Kendra came over and brought me a SideWinder. It was exciting and really nice of her to get one for me.


It's good to have good friends.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I love my pin cushion mine is blue and wonderful.

I like the idea of a winder but my machine has 2 motors just for that purpose, I love my machine.

Karen said...

Mom had one of those magnetic pin cushions - I loved to sit and play with it while she talked on the phone.