Saturday, January 24, 2009

Moved

Well, we did it. We are moved to our new house. This was made possible because of a lot of help we received. Thank you Dad, Mom, Emily, Von, CJ, Vlad, Jordan, Eric, Kendra, Dwaine, Mike and Elise. 15 hours of Wednesday was spent moving our things. It took 2 trips in the 17 foot Uhaul truck and a lot of manpower. Dolly's are a really good thing to have.
A few things we learned:
Keep plenty of markers around while moving so that all the boxes get written on.
Dolly's are great!
Four boxes with 6 number ten cans full of flour is too many to carry up a set of stairs at one time.
64 year old men can have more stamina than you would expect from anyone.
Keep gatorade around while moving.
Just because a fridge's measurements fit into the opening doesn't mean the fridge will OPEN when put in the opening.
Sometimes Comcast can't install the day they say they can because there isn't a nearby cable to use and they have to get permission to go over the apartment building next door before they can install for you.
It is easier to spend a lot of time unpacking if you can call your sisters and talk to them while you unpack. (At least I'll use that for an excuse of why I haven't done more unpacking)

It will probably be a couple more days before I post again since I don't have an internet connection at home until Comcast gets permission from the apartment building owners and then gets it hooked up.
Thanks everyone for your congratulations. This has been an exciting thing for us. When the first house didn't go through back in September/October I was frustrated, but knew there was a reason. I don't know all the reasons, but I know this is the house we're supposed to be in and we have been wonderfully blessed at all the things that have helped us get into the house. I am amazed at how comfortable our house feels. It really feels like HOME. I'm glad to be where Heavenly Father wants us to be.

2 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

You can always tell who your friends are when its time to move. I am glad you got it done. It is an exciting thing. I should be home afternoons this week, if you want to call me (while unpacking).

iris said...

Thank you Carrie for Tanner for Michael and Me yesterday while I went to my appointment. And I love your new house. I Kaleb and Von will enjoy their bedroom because it is bigger and has more room for them to play. I'm wso happy for you guys even you moved to Provo. I know said it wasn't fair that you were moving but I know you will be much happier in your own home and have own yard for the kids to play in durling the summer months. Love Iris