Remember after we moved into the new house what a problem I had getting Kaleb back in school? Well after dealing with the Provo Early Education Program on that I wasn't ready to deal with my next problem, Von's speech.
Karl was ready though, so yesterday morning he kindly got the number for me to call. I immediately got an appointment for a hearing test,and was told that Von's name would be sent as a referral and I would be getting a call about setting up testing for him later. I figured I would wait at least a week or two. So imagine my surprise when I got a phone call yesterday from his case manager, wanting to set up his initial appointment.
So when I have a son who already has an IEP in place, has been attending preschool for over a year and just needs transferred it takes weeks. But when I have a son who might have delayed speech and I just want it checked out I get a phone call the same day.
I'm confused.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


3 comments:
That's beauracracy for you.
Confusing indeed. If you ever need to talk you can call me. I have had two kids with speech problems. I just had like my 7th IEP meeting for Caleb. And back in November got to go to my first IEP for Azalea.
For a while I thought that my youngest was going to have speech problems to so I had him tested but he was on the low end of normal.
They say that speech problems are not heredity, but I am thinking sometimes they are.
Just another day in paradise, huh Carrie? I've been waiting to hear from you so call me anytime.
Post a Comment