Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Calling

Last Thursday we got a call from the Executive Secretary in our Ward. He said the Bishop wanted to speak to me and Karl that night. I was a little worried because they don't have both people go in unless it is a calling that will take a lot of time. For some reason both Karl and I thought it would be a calling for me, and we were right.
Today I was sustained and set apart as the Relief Society Secretary. I'm not sure what all that entails, but it will be interesting to learn. I'm excited to do a calling that will influence more than 4 or 5 kids. Not that they aren't important, but a change will be nice.

As far as exercising/ becoming more fit goes, it sounds like Lydia, Lillie, Alice and Drew are interested in a competition. Anyone else? Should our goal be weight loss in general, trying to reach a certain number of hours exercising, a combination or something else? Let me know what you think.
Also, what should the prize be?

4 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Carrie hoped not to be in nursery until she had a chance to get to know the sisters in the ward. Does being the one who keeps track of who the sisters in the ward are meet that requirement?

Chuck and Nancy said...

By the way, the new RS President is Nellie Crow. She said it took some time to decide on counselors, but that she knew immediately who the secretary should be.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Congratulations Carrie. One of the attributes that is needed for any calling in the church is to care enough about the people that you are asked to serve to do the job well. Anything else that is needed are skills that can be aquired. You are one of the most caring people I know, I'm excited for you and your new calling. -- Drew

Mike Hugo said...

Carrie, I think I want to improve my one mile run time. General weight loss seems to large a task. I don't know about a prize. Maybe I don't care too much about that.