This week has been an interesting cooking week.
Monday I made Steak and Pasta for dinner, the noodles had a weird texture to them, and I attempted making Pesto sauce. Karl and I each ate a few bites of the noodles before deciding I probably shouldn't make it again. The steak was one of the toughest pieces of meat I've ever eaten. I think I chewed my first piece for 2 minutes before giving up.
So I took Kaleb on a drive with me and got hamburgers from Rocky Mountain.
Tuesday I made a roast in the crockpot. It was ok, but not as tender as I was hoping. Next time I'll put in it a little earlier.
Last night was Enrichment. I had signed up to bring soup. So I made Chicken Noodle soup. My goal was to have it be like Brick Oven's. That didn't happen, but it was pretty good. I even used my Kitchenaid slicer to slice the celery and carrots. The carrots worked fine, the celery, not so much. It was really nice as I was going through the line to hear people say: ohhh that one looks really good and see that they were talking about mine. Karl agreed that it was good and told me to remember how to make it for next time.
Yesterday I finally bought butter so I can make cookies!!!
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


1 comment:
The worst part of the learning curve is the necessity to repeat it sometimes.
The soup was good.
DAD
Post a Comment