Friday, May 22, 2009

My New Toy

I got a new toy! For any of you who don't recognize it by the picture, I'll explain what it is. This is a Machine Quilter. Mom has wanted one of these for a long time, but didn't want one enough to learn how to use it. I learned how to use my friend's and this week she asked if I wanted to buy it.
Mom and Dad picked it up today and reassembled it in my sewing room/baby room. We only have it set up to do quilts up to 60" long, but have the parts to add to the frame when we want to.

I'm very excited about it! Hopefully quilting Mom's quilts this way will end up saving her money because she won't have to send them out to be done.
Thanks Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

How fun! i wish you many happy hours of quilting.

Chuck and Nancy said...

One reason we have not gotten one before is the exhorbitant price for a long arm sewing machine. This one was for a reasonable price and a good deal for all involved.
Glad You had a friend that remembered you at the right time.
We hope you get your moneys worth out of it.
DAD

Lydia said...

I an very excited for you And that you have a great place to put it. what is your first project?
enjoy!!!!

Della Hill said...

Looks very cool.
Is Mom jealous?
-Della