Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Energy

Kaleb wants me to say that Von is silly.
I am finally getting my energy back! I've been slowly feeling better and am slowly getting things done. Karl and I had some really grand plans for our yard, but after pricing them all out we decided not to do them all right now. Instead we're doing the things that really need to get done, and eventually we'll get around to the other stuff.
The first thing to tackle was storage. We were planning on getting a Tuff Shed, but in order to do that we needed to level out a spot big enough, pour concrete and then put up the shed. So instead we decided to buy a cheaper shed that we could put on the level ground next to the carport and that doesn't need concrete underneath. Because of this decision we won't be able to store boxes in the shed, it will only be for garden tools. So I needed shelves to put some of the stuff I was going to put in the shed.
Yesterday Dad and I put up some shelves in my laundry room. That means that I watched him and told him that they were level. There's just not much the second person can do when you only have one drill. I've put some stuff on them already and I'm excited about them.
We also bought the shed, which is waiting in the carport for me to put it together. Hopefully I can have that done by the time Karl gets home today so we can go pick up the lawn mower we bought a week+ ago.
While I was tired last night, I wasn't as exhausted as I have been in the past few weeks. Hopefully this energy sticks around for awhile, I like getting stuff done.

4 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

It's nice to feel an increase in energy. It's even nice to feel tired at the end of the day when you feel like you've accomplished something. Well, at least I think so. -- Drew

Chuck and Nancy said...

The problem with getting a house of your own is you want to get things for it and do things to it. You did not know this before you got a place.
Congrats.
DAD

Carrie and Karl said...

We knew that we wanted to, we just didn't know how expensive it would all be. Thanks for all your help. Von said he watched a neighbor in Montana put up a shed like ours and it took more than 4 hours.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

That's because Von watched him. -- Drew