Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

This was a pretty good Mother's Day. We did the usual visit everyone that we do on holidays. Yesterday I went shopping with Karl's Mom, while Karl and his brother made the weeds in the backyard shorter and then sprayed them with weed killer. Hopefully we'll get it tilled and some sod in before too much longer.
After the work was done we had a barbecue and just enjoyed being together.
Today after church we went to have lunch with my Mom and Dad, and Emily and girls. Then we went to visit Karl's Step-mom and Grandma.
It made for a long day, but we enjoyed it anyway. And when we got home Karl gave me my Mother's Day gift:

Karl has wanted to get me one for awhile, but we never had enough room for it. Now I finally have room for it, so I got one!! I'm really excited, if I wasn't so tired I'd use it tonight. The question is: Is this just a ploy to get more cookies?

3 comments:

Della Hill said...

Happy Mother's day!
If he gets more cookies isn't that just mutually beneficial?
-Della

Lillian Wilkinson said...

It may very well be a ploy but this is one that should work. Give in to your creative side and make more cookies. (feel free to send some our way, I'll feed them to the kids.) -- Drew

Chuck and Nancy said...

Congrats.
Now that cookie making is easier, can you get him to help?
DAD