Something that I really enjoy doing is helping other people. I get something from that I don't get any other way. There's something about going over to a friend's house and seeing that she has her hands full and washing dishes, or folding laundry, or even just cuddling her baby. When I can do it I love it. Even if I go home exhausted and drained. It's a great natural high.
However, when I'm pregnant I don't have the energy to do that. I barely have the energy to keep my own house looking decent and take care of my family. As a result I don't get that high, and I get down.
I have one friend in particular that I have been able to help quite a bit. From visits to her house I taught her basics to making it easier to clean, such as wiping down the counters after you wash the dishes. I was able to help her move out of an apartment when she found out 3 hours before midnight that she had to be out by midnight. And I have watched her kids numerous times through the years.
Because of my limited energy I'm trying really hard not to do extra things for people, which is really hard on me. That same friend called me earlier this week and asked for a ride somewhere. It was sooooo frustrating to have to tell her no! I know she didn't mind and found someone else to help, but I really like being the friend that my friends and family can call when they need me.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


3 comments:
I know how you love to help and I am sorry that you are limited right now just remember it is for that little guy. Soon you will have energy again
What a blessing you have been and will continue to be for those around you. remember that when you say no, there is someone else needs the blessings of being the server.
Carrie, remember that there is a time to help and a time to be helped. You can get the same natural high from knowing that you are loved, you just have to let yourself get past the feelings of frustration at not being able to do it for yourself. -- Drew
PS -- Thanks for all of the help over the years.
Post a Comment