This just happened to be the next question, but I thought the timing of it was cool since Valentines day is on Sunday.
What did you do on Valentine’s Day? Did you make your own valentines? How did you deliver them? Did you have a valentine box at school?
In elementary school I always did Valentines. Usually my parents bought me a box of them from the grocery store, and one bag of candy hearts. I would very carefully select which valentines to send to each person in my class. I didn’t want to give ones that said anything romantic to someone I didn’t like, and I hoped that the boys I did like would read the valentine from me and find out I liked them. I also put 2 or 3 hearts in each envelope. On Valentines day we would all take our valentines around to each person’s desk, or box that we had made earlier in the week.
In Junior High Valentines day became more focused on the romantic aspect. I always hoped for someone to really like me and tell me on Valentines day, but it didn’t happen. I gave valentines to my friends, but was much more selective about who I gave them to than I had been in the past.
In High School Valentines day became really fun. Guys gave me Valentines and actually meant it when they said they liked me. I was in the Future Homemakers of America club and helped sell carnations to be given out on Valentines Day. One year I did the 10 days of Valentines Day for 3 of my friends. They didn’t know who the gifts were from, which made it extra fun. I did things like: “You’re the Apple of my eye” on a note with an apple and “You’re the Light of my life” with a lightbulb. For the last gift I made each of them their favorite kind of cake and delivered it to them. One was an angel food cake with cherries and marshmallow fluff, one was german chocolate, and the third was plain chocolate with the top decorated like a check that was written out for $1,000,000. And a note that said “you’re worth a million to me." It was fun to see the guys reactions to the gifts.
My senior year I did something different. I focused on my friends that were girls, specifically Cacci, Jordan and Erin. I got each of them a gift and a card that told them I was grateful for their friendships. I think that Valentines day was more meaningful than any of the previous ones had been.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment