Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Day

Today was a happy day. I finished the quilt top for my brother-in-law yesterday, so I had the day free. I got the oil changed on the geo, which only cost $37. I'm always scared they'll tell me I need something expensive, so to have just the cost of the basic service is a good thing.
Next I dropped off lunch to Karl and headed to SLC to help Niki. We did as much painting as is possible with 2 little boys wanting to be involved. More importantly I got to have a good talk with her, which I haven't gotten to do for quite a while.
I then drove home to Springville to go to Parent/ Teacher Conferences. Kaleb's teacher is great and told me how great Kaleb is. It's good to hear that from someone who isn't related to me. She also said he is making good progress and told me that I'm a good mom. That is one of those things I always worry about, I don't know if I'm doing enough to help him speak better, so it was good to have her say she can tell I'm working with him.
Next came a not so good thing. Karl is not feeling well, he has a really bad sinus infection, and it is causing him enough pain that he couldn't go to school tonight.
I was sitting and watching TV with him when the phone rang. One of my friends called with some really good information. I can't say more than that, except that Heavenly Father answers prayers.
So, except for Karl not feeling well it has been a very Happy Day.

No comments: