I want to share my feelings on my weight loss. I have always felt like I was bigger than I wanted to be. The only time this wasn't the case was right after I got home from my mission. I had lost 70 pounds on my mission- about 40 of those I had gained on my mission. But soon after getting home I got married and had a baby, so those 70 pounds came back. I had lost 30 of them when I was ready for my second baby and gained the 30 back, plus 8 more.
Since I had Von in February I wanted to lose my weight, but realized I was missing a real reason. As I pondered I realized that my main reason for losing weight has always been to look better, and that isn't enough of an incentive to put the work in. Last August I decided it was time to really change. I wanted to be able to play with my boys (all 3 of them) and know that I will have a long life to spend with them. So I started exercising. My main concern with dieting is that I didn't want to have a short term change, I want to change my lifestyle. So I found a nutritionist and have been meeting with her on a weekly basis. We cover all types of topics and I'm learning how to actually eat healthy. My goal is to change my lifestyle, not just my weight.
So far it has worked pretty well. I haven't been losing weight fast, but it is slowly coming off, and it feels really good. But more importantly, I can run around with Kaleb and not get winded, I can wrestle with my boys and it doesn't wear me out. That is more important to ME than the fact that I can wear size 18 jeans instead of size 24, although that is nice too. And it will be fun to show up at my 10 year high school reunion wearing the same size I did at graduation (or maybe a smaller size.)
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


4 comments:
I'm proud of you Carrie.
You have an amazing skill of accomplishing any thing you want to. Do recognize that about yourself?
-Della
You Da' Woman.
Drew
You really are amazing! you have lost so much already. And I am so happy to hear you say what we are trying to get across to all the ladies on our BL blog. The weight loss is just a bonus to getting healthy. It really does have to be a lifestyle change, or it will all come back. I just want to make the point that as moms we sacrafice our bodies, and almost every aspect of our lives to have children. And yet we get so much back! Your boys are your reason for changing your life. I know you can accomplish your goal, and it doesnt matter that its coming off slowly, what life change happens overnight? You have always been smart, calculating, and determined, and I admire you.
Whoops! That last comment was from me-I didn't realize my sister was still signed onto the computer LOL!
-Holly-
Post a Comment