Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This was a really pleasant Thanksgiving. Karl and I discussed what to do for it around the beginning of the month. We decided to have our own Thanksgiving dinner and invite his mom. So we did. Along with her we invited his brother Mike's family. So it was going to be 5 adults and 3 kids. The Saturday before Thanksgiving we talked to Karl's Grandma and ended up inviting her to dinner, along with Karl's Uncle Gary and Uncle Max who both live with Grandma. I knew that we would be a little crowded, but figured we would fit ok. The next day we talked to someone who was coming and they suggested inviting Karl's brother Brian and his wife Cindy, so we did.
Everyone brought something, so the biggest part of getting ready for dinner was getting out my crystal and china. The table looked really nice with all my nice stuff.

The whole day was really pleasant, everyone was happy and got along great. And there was plenty of food for everyone to take home with them.
Now I can start the countdown: 24 days till Christmas!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Thanksgiving just isn't right with out the right dished, Im sure your table looked great

Carrie and Karl said...

I'll put a picture on when I get a chance