This was a wonderful Christmas! We spent yesterday evening with Karl's family, which included everyone at one point or another, except for Jay. Hopefully he'll be around next year. We visited Grandma at the rehab center and then had pizza and presents with everyone else.
This morning Karl and I opened presents with our boys. They were thrilled with their toys and excited about all of them. Tomorrow we'll buy some batteries for the new train. I think Von was disappointed it wouldn't go for him. After we all got dressed we went to visit Grandma again and dropped off her present.
Next we went to my parents house and it was fun. We opened presents and watched presents be opened. We hung out and cooked dinner and enjoyed everyone being there.
In the past there have been times when I didn't write up a Christmas list because I knew I wouldn't get the things I wanted, so I didn't see a point to writing them down. Yes I know that is not realistic, but it's what my mind said. This year I wrote up a Christmas list that was actually more of a wish list: things I wanted at some point, not necessarily now. I think my attitude towards it really helped. Anyway, I ended up with quite a few things from my list and some things that weren't on my list as well.
Some of the things I got that were on my list are:
A normal size crockpot
Stainless Steel Bowl set from IKEA
A ceramic dutch oven
12" round cake pans
A pretty arrangement of silk flowers for one of my crystal vases
A kids table and chairs (we actually got a cool one that has rolling storage bins underneath and is the right height to kneel at)
Tales of Beetle the Bard
I also got a box of white chocolates from Sees, a really cute set of salt and pepper shakers, some Christmas hand towels, a gift card to Deseret Book, a silicon pad for baking and some gorgeous pearl earrings and necklace (the jewelry is from Karl).
I know I'm leaving out things (and I only listed what I got), but my brain isn't coming up with everything right now. I actually feel very overwhelmed at everything I received this year. I'm so grateful for loving family and friends who make my life so great. Thanks everyone for being a part of my life! Heavenly Father sure has blessed me! I'm so happy right now and especially grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and all that he has given us!
Love you all!
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


1 comment:
I am glad you had such a great Christmas. My Katie also wanted and got the beatles and bard book as well. She really enjoyed it.
Hope you do to.
Lillie.
PS. I got a beutiful quilt.
Post a Comment