Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Tree is Up!

I've been procrastinating getting our Christmas tree up, but I finally did it. I put it up last night and Karl fanned out the branches (yes we have a fake tree). It is really pretty, I'm debating leaving ornaments off it this year, partially because of something really sad that happened.
A little background: Before my mission I went to Germany for a few weeks with my parents to visit my brother and family. While we were there I bought a set of Christmas tree ornaments. They are plastic crystals about 5 inches long and vary in width, but at the widest are about 1 inch. They are very pretty and I have enjoyed having them on my tree. I also got some pretty silver ornaments very similar to the traditional silver balls, but made into other shapes. That Christmas I got some hand carved wooden ornaments from Niki and Mike as well as a Christmas pickle and a santa ornament. After Karl and I got married we bought silver ornaments from Things Remembered that have our names on them as well as one that says "Our first Christmas". When Kaleb and Von joined our family we had ornaments made for them too.
So since these ornaments are all very special to me I had them all in the same tupperware box. Last night when we were getting out our Christmas stuff the box was nowhere to be found. We have looked everywhere we can think of, including Karl going out to the shed in the freezing cold multiple times to see if we missed it in a different box.
Hopefully we will find the box as we move. Sometimes I know that things that are important to me Karl does just because they're important to me, last night I found out that while the ornaments are very special to me, they have become special to him too. Which is wonderful to know. I sure am lucky to have such a great husband.

Only 10 days left till Christmas!!

2 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I hope you find them soon!!!
Lillie
ps, isn't it nice to know thatyour husband cares too?

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I am trying to decide if a tree is worth the money, we threw our old one out two years ago. and then last year, I did not want a tree since We were moving a week after Christmas, and I did not bother with any decorations.
So do I buy a tree now or wait till after Christmas when they go on sale?