I got some sad news regarding the quilt I'm making for my brother in law. Here's the background:
A few years ago my brother in law Mike asked me if I would make him a quilt. I told him I would, when he got married. Last December he got married and I made him and his wife Elise a quilt. I even let him choose the fabric. They both love their quilt, and the dragon and flame fabrics ended up looking a lot better than I thought they would.
Last February another brother in law- Brian, got married. I figured since I promised Mike a quilt for getting married, I should make one for him also. I had other projects to do though, and it just kept not happening. Finally, last week I bought fabric and made the quilt. I tied it on Monday, so all that is left is the binding.
Yesterday I got some news, Brian and his wife are separating. So now I have a dilemma: do I still give him the quilt, because he did get married, or should I give it to someone else? Or should I save it and give it to him if he gets married again?
Please leave a comment and give me your opinion.
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


3 comments:
I think giving him a quilt that was for marriage right now might add more injury...like being mailed canisters of formula after losing a baby. I would save it for if they get back together or for Christmas in a year or two. Sorry to hear that.
I believe that a quilt can be like a hug and what does a person who is separating need more than an understanding hug.
Drew
This is Brian's mom, If I were you Carrie I would wait and see If they get back together, If not Save it for him Maybe for his birthday or next Christmas then next time you see him give him a hug and let him know that you care, and want the best for him. Cause you know what Brian is like.
Post a Comment