Monday, March 10, 2008

Fruit Names

Jordan made a comment on my last blog about fruit names, so I thought I would explain those. In high school we had a lot of guy friends. We wanted to be able to talk about them without them knowing who they were. Some had reasons that made sense, others just were for fun. I don't remember all of the reasons, but here are some examples of the fruits we used and their reasons (for the ones I remember).
Apple- A nice, good guy.
Peach- he was always trying to grow a beard but couldn't, so he always had peach fuzz.
Pineapple- One of my favorite fruits, and the heart is the best part.
Washington Apple- He was from Washington
Grapefruit- One of my friend's boyfriends, and it was her favorite fruit.
Bananna- He was tall.
Mexican Banannas- They aren't good fresh, and they aren't much better cooked.
Fig- Not really that good.
Grape- He was in great shape.
Mango- Exotic, but not as good as you're expecting.
Those are the ones I remember right now, I'll include more later, or if Jordan wants to include some she can.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

There was orange, as well, but I can't remember the reasoning. Not that we ever talked about him. Mexican Bananas was because they make you sick. I remember you wanted pomegranate, but I didn't like the guy well enough to use that one. There may have been a strawberry, too, but I can't remember if that was ever designated.

Carrie and Karl said...

Yes there was a strawberry, I had forgotten about him. I think the reason had something to do with his many talents, like the seeds on a strawberry.