Thursday, March 6, 2008

Still Cleaning this Gun

I hear this song and it makes me think of an experience I had in high school. A guy came to pick me up for a date and Dad was in the living room cleaning a gun. If that had been all I think the guy would have been ok. But there were some scouts there too, and they all were cleaning guns as well.
It was perfect timing, the guy was really scared to ask me out again (which I was really happy about).



In case you don't want to listen to the whole song, here is the chorus:

Come on in boy, sit on down
And tell me about yourself
So you like my daughter do you now?
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's girl
Her momma's world
She deserves respect
That’s what she'll get
Ain’t it son?
Hey y'all run along and have some fun
I'll see you when you get back
Bet I’ll be up all night
Still cleanin' this gun

5 comments:

Lydia said...

I love that song, Brian taught Abby to say my Daddy owns a shot-gun a long time ago.

August said...

Carrie,

Taylon is so in trouble if she ever thinks about bringing a bad boy home to meet daddy. He said not only him but several of his department buddies will be cleaning guns.

Jordan said...

Very fun. Who was the guy from high school? Fruit names are okay if he had one and if you don't want to write it.

Carrie and Karl said...

I believe he was Fig, that was his name because they're never good...

Klari said...

I've never heard that song before, but I absolutely love it! I especially like the last verse :D.