A few weeks ago my ward had a Relief Society Birthday Party. At it we had a really cool speaker. I think her name was Judy Brummel. She was one of the people who translated the Book of Mormon into the clicking language. The theme of her talk has really hit me, and I keep thinking about it.
She talked about how God has a plan, things in life aren't just coincidence. She had a quite a few examples from her life. Since then I've been noticing things from my life that could just be considered coincidence, but I think they're part of God's plan for me.
Some examples are:
Having the deaf ward in our stake while growing up. Because of this the cub scouts and later the boy scouts from the deaf ward joined our ward for activities. Sometimes I would go with my parents and try to talk with Bridgette(who is deaf). I ended up learning some sign language to communicate with her and eventually went on an ASL mission. How cool is that? I'm sure in the future that experience will continue to help me.
Not getting married right after high school. That was my plan and I was pretty frustrated that it didn't happen the way I had planned. However, I grew up considerably in the 4 years after high school and had some awesome experiences during that time. I was looking for different things in a husband when I got home from my mission than I was when I finished high school. They were little differences, but those differences have made a huge difference.
I'm know there are more, but I don't have time to write them all. It's amazing to see what the Lord has done...Isn't that a line from a hymn?
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


1 comment:
I think the hymn you are thinking of goes:
"Count your many blessings, name them one by one.
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."
I agree though. I see a lot of those things in my life, some big, some small, and a lot I am sure that I don't even recognize.
One of mine was the opposite of yours. I expected to be at least 24 before I got married. But God brought Chris to me when I was 19.
And I wouldn't change that for anything. We are now accomplishing things in our marriage and in our profession that are uncommon for people to even do.
Gods plan is incredibly evident in my life. He is awesome.
-Della
Post a Comment