Today has been a really good day. I went to Aerobics in the morning. A little background on my aerobics class: At the beginning of the semester there were 29 girls and 1 guy. All the girls are cute little and petite. I felt really awkward for awhile, but then decided I don't care that I weigh at least 70 pounds more than anyone else in the class (except maybe the guy, he has a lot of muscles). As time went on the class shrunk. Now we have about 10 people that come on a regular basis.
So today we did aerobics for about 30 minutes and then our teacher told us to go down the stairs and run around the indoor track twice. So we did. I was the third person down the stairs, and surprisingly, only 2 girls passed me as we jogged. 2 times around the track is 1/4 mile, so I ran 1/4 mile without stopping to walk. Then we did another 20 minutes of working out.
It may sound silly, but I'm so proud of myself for working out. I've been frustrated at not seeing results, in how my clothes fit, or in my weight. After today's workout I realized that I'm improving, even if I can't see it.
That was the first success, the second happened at my nutritionist appointment. I've been seeing a nutritionist for 5 weeks, mostly to learn how to change the way I eat and get healthier. Each week we've weighed me and I fluctuated about 2 pounds, down then up. Since I've been eating so much healthier and exercising that has been frustrating (even though I know muscle weighs more than fat, and I'm losing fat but gaining muscle.)
Today we weighed me again, and there was a noticable drop. I have now lost 3% of my body weight. WHOOO HOOO!!!
The Last Legion 2007 Svenskt Tal Online
8 years ago


2 comments:
That is great Sis keep plugging and you'll achieve that goal.
Congrats! It's slow going but totally worth it. I'm glad you can see yourself getting stronger. Thanks for the blog link.
Post a Comment